Thursday, April 7, 2011

Event: Fundraiser for Renan Curtis Keesler's Cancer Care

When I heard about Kate's Crusade happening less than a mile from my house, I wanted to help out in some way, but I was too late to be able to donate to the silent auction.  But one of the coordinators told me about Renan Curtis Keesler, another little boy in our town who was recently diagnosed with cancer for whom she was coordinating another fundraiser.


These stories always pull at my heart.  Even when the prognosis is good, as it is in Renan's case, it's still such an incredible burden and drain--on the heart, on the family, and of course, on the finances.  I was more than happy to donate a Swarovski crystal necklace for the silent auction--a small gesture to help out a boy and a family in need.

If you want to help out and live in the Phoenix area, please attend Renan's fundraiser.  It's a carnival picnic in the park, this Friday, April 8th, from 4-9 p.m.  Lots of fun for families, fabulous items in the silent auction, and all for a very good cause!  All the details for the fundraiser and more information about Renan are on his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment